On Monday 4 April 2011, peace and justice activists in Wrexham held a stall in the town centre, calling for the government to abandon plans to replace the Trident nuclear weapons system in Britain as well as all plans for a new generation of nuclear power stations. Half the stall was dedicated to letter-writing to prisoners, including Bradley Manning, along with anti-Trident ‘DisarmNow Plowshares’ activists recently jailed in the US. Some of the cables Manning is accused of releasing reveal truths about nuclear power and nuclear risks which should never have been suppressed in the first place. Peace activists and army veterans, workers, mothers, shoppers and students are among those from Wrexham who have now sent messages of support and solidarity to Bradley Manning.
Join the JADC Newsletter
Click here to join the JADC e-mail newsletter to receive notifications on upcoming solidarity actions.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- 1st Scotland Must Resist Protest: 24th February 2020
- Correct The Record in the #Assange case – The BBC (Again!)
- Will Evening Standard correct the record in the Julian #Assange case?
- Correct The Record in The #Assange Case – Thomson Reuters
- Correct the Record in the #Assange case – The Evening Standard
- Westminster Magistrates’ Court, 25 March 2020 Julian Assange Administrative Court Hearing, Bail Application
- Iain Overton (Iraq War Logs) at ‘Anonymous Bites Back’ speaks in defence of Julian #Assange
- Interview with John Shipton from Defiance by Peter McCormack – Transcript
- RT @the1joslyn: Dear @RobertBuckland and @lucyfrazermp, “There’s only one journalist in UK prison. That journalist is Julian #Assange. He… 1 day ago
- RT @wikileaks: Collateral Murder: 10 Years on - Live stream 5pm BST/ 6pm CET/ 12 EST Sunday 5th April with WikiLeaks' @khrafnsson, plus @no… 1 day ago
- RT @Hanissee: I have written to Amnesty UK about Julian #Assange s bail hearing. Their reply amnesty.org/en/get-involve… https://t.co/Le2NUZDzl6 1 day ago
- RT @declassifiedUK: Julian Assange, with a chronic lung condition and at risk from coronavirus, is being held at a prison which has been re… 1 day ago
- RT @MrsC_Assange: #SaveAssangeCOVID19 UK Prison UPDATE UK Prisons Are Endangering Prisoners Lives with Practice of "Cohorting" Prisoners… 2 days ago