On Monday 4 April 2011, peace and justice activists in Wrexham held a stall in the town centre, calling for the government to abandon plans to replace the Trident nuclear weapons system in Britain as well as all plans for a new generation of nuclear power stations. Half the stall was dedicated to letter-writing to prisoners, including Bradley Manning, along with anti-Trident ‘DisarmNow Plowshares’ activists recently jailed in the US. Some of the cables Manning is accused of releasing reveal truths about nuclear power and nuclear risks which should never have been suppressed in the first place. Peace activists and army veterans, workers, mothers, shoppers and students are among those from Wrexham who have now sent messages of support and solidarity to Bradley Manning.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- 07/12/20 Protest outside the Home Office marking Julian Assange’s 10 years of Arbitrary Detention
- a Letter to Rob Davis Governor of HMP Belmarsh by a supporter
- Dump The Guardian, Support Julian Assange! By Maxine Walker
- The @Guardian ‘s Dirty Little Secret – How they helped terminate Julian Assange’s political asylum
- 26/11/20 at Westminster Magistrates Court for Julian Assange Administrative hearing
- The Guardian’s Dirty Little Secret! Manafort/ #Assange visit never happened – Join the #twitterstorm
- Rest in Peace folk singer Jim Radford from Veterans for Peace UK
- #CorrectTheRecord in the #AssangeCase: 8 months later The BBC finally makes correction.
- RT @James70068726: This is an execellent interview with Dr. Deepa Driver on the Mother of all Talk shows, last night. A must watch. #FreeTh… 1 day ago
- RT @_taylorhudak: Assange Update: COVID-19 Ausbruch im Belmarsh-Gefängnis & Möglichkeit einer Begnadigung? LINK: youtu.be/O0Kw-wrwIpc… 1 day ago
- RT @StellaMoris1: In shared cells where one prisoner tests positive and the other negative for #covid, the latter is not moved out of cell.… 1 day ago
- RT @StellaMoris1: Belmarsh #Covid #outbreak update: Everyone on Julian's house block was tested on 18 Nov (49 positive) and 23 Nov (16 add… 1 day ago
- RT @James70068726: Anne-marie from Switzerland calls into the show to express her great concern for Julian Assange's life & asks George if… 2 days ago