On Monday 4 April 2011, peace and justice activists in Wrexham held a stall in the town centre, calling for the government to abandon plans to replace the Trident nuclear weapons system in Britain as well as all plans for a new generation of nuclear power stations. Half the stall was dedicated to letter-writing to prisoners, including Bradley Manning, along with anti-Trident ‘DisarmNow Plowshares’ activists recently jailed in the US. Some of the cables Manning is accused of releasing reveal truths about nuclear power and nuclear risks which should never have been suppressed in the first place. Peace activists and army veterans, workers, mothers, shoppers and students are among those from Wrexham who have now sent messages of support and solidarity to Bradley Manning.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
Join our email listDetails here.
- Public Meeting held in London for Chelsea Manning and Julian Assange
- The struggle continues in defence of Julian Assange at Courts and in the streets
- At Parliament Square on 14th of April 2019 in support of #WikiLeaks Julian #Assange (photos and videos)
- At Belmarsh prison for Julian Assange’s freedom 13th – 14th of April 2019 (pictures/videos)
- The Real Fight Begins Now – Solidarity Vigil outside Belmarsh prison 13th April – 4pm
- February 2019 continued solidarity with Julian Assange of WikiLeaks – Activists in their own words
- Chelsea Manning currently resists subpoena to #WikiLeaks Grand Jury
- #FreeAssange Solidarity Vigil call out! Sunday 10th of March 2019 #Unity4J
- London. From tomorrow for the coming week, watch XY Chelsea, DocHouse Cinema, Bloomsbury | See More & Book Now | Do… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Swedish hearing to extradite Julian #Assange delayed until June 3 - World Socialist Web Site wsws.org/en/articles/20… 19 hours ago
- RT @BellaMagnani: Now, what on earth could her hurry be? #Sweden's prosecutor tried to get Uppsala court to hold a hearing tomorrow, before… 1 day ago
- RT @GeorgeSzamuely: Ecuador withdrew Assange's citizenship. Therefore, it has no right whatsoever to be disposing of his personal property… 1 day ago
- RT @Ruptly: ‘It’s shameful’ – Former #Ecuadorian consul on #US authorities seizing #Assange’s belongings https://t.co/zKzg4YHdS3 1 day ago