On Monday 4 April 2011, peace and justice activists in Wrexham held a stall in the town centre, calling for the government to abandon plans to replace the Trident nuclear weapons system in Britain as well as all plans for a new generation of nuclear power stations. Half the stall was dedicated to letter-writing to prisoners, including Bradley Manning, along with anti-Trident ‘DisarmNow Plowshares’ activists recently jailed in the US. Some of the cables Manning is accused of releasing reveal truths about nuclear power and nuclear risks which should never have been suppressed in the first place. Peace activists and army veterans, workers, mothers, shoppers and students are among those from Wrexham who have now sent messages of support and solidarity to Bradley Manning.
Email SubscriptionJoin 10.4K other subscribers
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- Julian Assange: ‘by selectively looking for material that is being kept secret, we’re able to selectively induce reforms that tend to have a positive human rights effect” A week of solidarity with the WikiLeaks publisher #FreeJulian Assange activists in the streets of London.
- Julian #Assange explains WikiLeaks publication the ‘Unconventional Warfare’ Manual. This week’s solidarity in the streets of London.
- Julian Assange is always on the side of the persecuted, here speaks out about the Armenia genocide, how the powerful seek to distort truthful information. A Week of solidarity in support of the #WikiLeaks publisher.
- Julian #Assange said: People often ask ‘what can I do?’ the answer is not so difficult: Learn Challenge Act Now
- Unite North West 522 Branch votes for a motion in defence for Julian #Assange 19/07/23
- Happy 52nd Birthday Julian #Assange! July 2023 from Belmarsh prison
- Julian Assange’s British walkabout continues at Stonehenge at the Summer solstice! :-)
- Julian #Assange UK walkabouts with a Madbloke :-) #FreeJulianAssange #2023TimeToSetHimFree
- Tweets by WISEUpAction