On Monday 4 April 2011, peace and justice activists in Wrexham held a stall in the town centre, calling for the government to abandon plans to replace the Trident nuclear weapons system in Britain as well as all plans for a new generation of nuclear power stations. Half the stall was dedicated to letter-writing to prisoners, including Bradley Manning, along with anti-Trident ‘DisarmNow Plowshares’ activists recently jailed in the US. Some of the cables Manning is accused of releasing reveal truths about nuclear power and nuclear risks which should never have been suppressed in the first place. Peace activists and army veterans, workers, mothers, shoppers and students are among those from Wrexham who have now sent messages of support and solidarity to Bradley Manning.
Join the JADC Newsletter
Click here to join the JADC e-mail newsletter to receive notifications on upcoming solidarity actions.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- Canvassing in London’s Muswell Hill in support of Julian #Assange publisher of #WikiLeaks
- We pray for a miracle! A message of love, Why should we support Julian #Assange?
- 13/01/2020 at Westminster Magistrates Court for Julian #Assange Case Management hearing
- Julian #Assange banner flies high at Stop The War rally in Trafalgar Square
- Will Sadiq Khan answer the questions by London Assembly regarding CIA/Metpol #Assange surveillance?
- Upcoming Actions in support of #WikiLeaks Julian #Assange – January/February 2020
- Hacking Justice Doku & Diskussion zur »Causa #Assange«
- Westminster Magistrates Court Access unfit for purpose in the Julian #Assange Case
- RT @kim_FreeAssange: #Candles4Assange Dusseldorf 15.01.2020 🔥🕯️🔥 FREEDOM for Julian #Assange NOW!! "This case is symbolic of something mu… 1 day ago
- RT @estherschmeer: Assange’s French legal advisor Juan Branco: “We’ve experienced a strong shift that we now need to nurture”https://t.co/K… 2 days ago
- RT @DEAcampaign: "Rapper and singer M.I.A has said supporting Julian Assange as the WikiLeaks founder appeared in court was “just as import… 3 days ago
- RT @RobertMMahoney: 'Pentagon Papers' lawyer Jim Goodale says CIA surveillance of Julian Assange means UK should free not extradite the Wik… 3 days ago
- RT @ScotsDefend: 'When Baraitser asked how much time had so far been available to #Assange’s legal team to discuss the evidence in question… 3 days ago