On Monday 4 April 2011, peace and justice activists in Wrexham held a stall in the town centre, calling for the government to abandon plans to replace the Trident nuclear weapons system in Britain as well as all plans for a new generation of nuclear power stations. Half the stall was dedicated to letter-writing to prisoners, including Bradley Manning, along with anti-Trident ‘DisarmNow Plowshares’ activists recently jailed in the US. Some of the cables Manning is accused of releasing reveal truths about nuclear power and nuclear risks which should never have been suppressed in the first place. Peace activists and army veterans, workers, mothers, shoppers and students are among those from Wrexham who have now sent messages of support and solidarity to Bradley Manning.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- A brilliant documentary about the #WikiLeaks publisher Julian #Assange watch Hacking Justice at Arthouse Crouch End – 6/7/22 6pm followed by Q and A with grassroots activists from JADC
- Marking Julian Assange’s 51st Birthday outside HMP Belmarsh Sunday 03/7/22 12-3pm – Join us!
- Photos and videos from the Solidarity Vigil outside The Houses of Parliament Wednesday 22/06/22 and Kenny MacAskill MP speaks in Parliament in defence of Julian #Assange
- Correct the Record in the Julian #AssangeCase: The Private Eye’s factual errors in their Trial Errors
- 15/06/2022 – #FreeAssange Vigil and outreach outside Houses of Parliament – Neale Hanvey MP joins our struggle
- #FreeJulianAssange #JailTheWarCriminals outside Windsor Palace during Tony Blair’s knighting ceremony with #StopTheWarCoalition
- Report 8 June 2022 Solidarity with Julian #Assange at the heart of British political life, outside the Houses of Parliament.
- At the heart of British politics, join the Houses of Parliament Solidarity Vigil in support #WikiLeaks publisher Julian #Assange 1-3pm Wednesdays June 2022
- RT @JA_Defence: 29/06/2022 The House of Parliament bears witness to #JulianAssange supporters demanding his freedom. As defence submissions… 7 hours ago
- RT @StellaMoris1: Julian #Assange granted honorary citizenship by the city council of Lucera in the Italian province of Foggia. In a polit… 7 hours ago
- RT @deepa_driver: Another day, another Orwellian #Assange moment Invited to Parliament. Got through security; no hassle👍🏿 Got called back… 7 hours ago
- RT @JA_Defence: A year ago today British parliamentarians visited HMP Belmarsh to hand over an open letter to the Prison Governor in suppor… 8 hours ago
- RT @greekemmy: Join the Mass Letter Writing Campaign writejulian.com Write to Julian #Assange! 9 hours ago