The Erith & Thamesmead CLP would like to express its concern over the treatment of Julian Assange in Belmarsh prison. We consider his imprisonment and the attempts to extradite him to the USA to be political in nature and not as a consequence of any criminal activity. In defence of the freedom of the press to report on the wrong doings of government and corporations we call on the Labour party to campaign for his release and to oppose his extradition
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- What are the talking points of the Conservative party on the latest developments in the Julian #Assange case?
- Operation Pelican, latest on investigating the plot to terminate Julian Assange’s political asylum and his arrest by MetPol and secret services inside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London 11/04/19
- I wish more Members of Parliament were like Ben Lake of Plaid Cymru #EDM1177 #DontExtraditeAssange #JournalismIsNotACrime #FreeJulianAssange
- Julian Assange’s motivation in creating WikiLeaks and The World tomorrow – Journeyman Production: Videos
- A day of Infamy! 20/04/22 at Westminster Magistrates Court rubber stamping Julian #Assange’s US extradition
- Marking the 3rd Anniversary of Julian Assange’s brutal arrest inside the Ecuadorian Embassy, conviction and imprisonment at HMP Belmarsh where he lives today a remand prisoner.
- Julian #Assange marries the woman he loves after two years of obstraction from HMP Belmarsh and Home office, yet no guest permitted if they are journalist.
- Join us Sunday 10/04/2022 Marking 3 years from the brutal and arbitrary arrest of Julian Assange on 11/04/2019. Event organised by @JA_Defence
- RT @StellaMoris1: A silent one-person protest can be powerful. This was mine in front of @PritiPatel's Home Office today. #FreeAssangeNOW… 12 minutes ago
- RT @greekemmy: Julian Assange should not be extradited to US to face espionage charges, Council of Europe tells Priti Patel https://t.co/uf… 12 minutes ago
- RT @DEAcampaign: "If you’re a journalist, you should be investigating Julian Assange’s case for your own sake in the future. What about you… 20 hours ago
- RT @AJEPodcasts: Julian Assange waged a long fight against extradition from the UK to the US. One allegation after another had come to clou… 21 hours ago
- RT @SatPaper: In comments to The Saturday Paper, former British Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn has implored Australia to “speak up for y… 21 hours ago