When the British legal establishment upheld the US indictment against Julian Assange at the Central Criminal Court on Old Bailey in January and only dismissed his extradition on mental health grounds, it was not just committing a gross injustice against him as an individual and the principle of a free press, but also reversing the direction of travel of 600 years of London history.
At 1.00pm on Sunday 4th July, London Blue Badge Guide, Sean Mitchell, will guide you through that 600-year tradition of individuals and groups who have taken on the establishment since the 14th century.
The walk will start at Blackfriars and end approximately two hours later on a Soviet Constructivist-style staircase near King’s Cross (please be aware that some of the route will require climbing stairs and be uphill). Although I do not plan to talk about Julian’s case specifically as part of the walk, we will be passing the Central Criminal Court as a salutary reminder of the irony of his fate in the 21st century when set against the preceding 600 years of broadly successful struggle of radicals versus the establishment which should have guaranteed that he would not have to go through what he is going through. In reflecting on the events which this walk will feature in the same city where Julian was dragged out of asylum in an embassy and remains subject to unlawful detention and torture (according to the UN) in a maximum security prison, I think we can see that history itself has gone into reverse in the times in which live.
I will take the first 20 people who donate £10 or more to the support campaign for Julian.
Please make your donations directly to the campaign at: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/assangeappeal/
Please email Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you will be joining me on the walk and how much you will be donating based on the number of people in your group, and I will email you details of the exact meeting point.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- On the 3rd Anniversary of The Guardian’s publishing The Manaford/Assange false story we call out a protest outside it’s offices on Tuesday 30/11/21 at 2-4pm with a simple message to #CorrectTheRecord and apologise about the damage they’ve done to him. We shall also celebrate the happy release of another Friend of #WikiLeaks Craig Murray, Join us!
- #CorrectTheRecord in the #AssangeCase: The BBC again October 2021
- Charles Dickens on US prison isolation and current assessment on US Special Administrative Measures for prisoners in America are shockingly similar. Act now to prevent the extradition of Julian Assange to the US.
- Photos of Vigil for Julian #Assange at Australian Embassy Dublin Saturday 13th November 2021
- New Flyer in Defence of #WikiLeaks publisher Julian #Assange e-mail us at JADC@protonmail.com and we’ll send you a free bundle of leaflets to distribute in your local area!
- Upcoming Solidarity Actions November 2021
- #FreeTheTruth Speakers call for an end to the persecution of Julian #Assange! Watch the speeches Read the review.
- Please sign Open Letter to the Judges presiding over Julian Assange US vs Julian Assange at the High Court 27/28 Oct 21
- RT @EfPress: @WISEUpAction #YellowRibbons4Assange Woolwich's most notable political prisoner, Julian Assange, suffers daily punishments fo… 4 days ago
- RT @Berlin4Assange: VIGIL NO.76 NOV18 #FreeAssangeBerlin #BrandenburgGate #PariserPlatz We have subscribed rain – #JulianAssange would sw… 1 week ago
- RT @S_UnwantedSpy: Congrats to Julian #Assange & @StellaMoris1. I sincerely hope you won't have to celebrate any anniv apart. Nothing more… 2 weeks ago
- RT @JA_Defence: Spreading @SomersetBean latest flyer on #WikiLeaks releases about the environment outside HMP Belmarsh where Julian Assange… 2 weeks ago
- RT @JA_Defence: So grateful to @EfPress as always for the wonderful pictures, from today's solidarity vigil outside HMP Belmarsh where Juli… 2 weeks ago