When the British legal establishment upheld the US indictment against Julian Assange at the Central Criminal Court on Old Bailey in January and only dismissed his extradition on mental health grounds, it was not just committing a gross injustice against him as an individual and the principle of a free press, but also reversing the direction of travel of 600 years of London history.
At 1.00pm on Sunday 4th July, London Blue Badge Guide, Sean Mitchell, will guide you through that 600-year tradition of individuals and groups who have taken on the establishment since the 14th century.
The walk will start at Blackfriars and end approximately two hours later on a Soviet Constructivist-style staircase near King’s Cross (please be aware that some of the route will require climbing stairs and be uphill). Although I do not plan to talk about Julian’s case specifically as part of the walk, we will be passing the Central Criminal Court as a salutary reminder of the irony of his fate in the 21st century when set against the preceding 600 years of broadly successful struggle of radicals versus the establishment which should have guaranteed that he would not have to go through what he is going through. In reflecting on the events which this walk will feature in the same city where Julian was dragged out of asylum in an embassy and remains subject to unlawful detention and torture (according to the UN) in a maximum security prison, I think we can see that history itself has gone into reverse in the times in which live.
I will take the first 20 people who donate £10 or more to the support campaign for Julian.
Please make your donations directly to the campaign at: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/assangeappeal/
Please email Sean at email@example.com to confirm that you will be joining me on the walk and how much you will be donating based on the number of people in your group, and I will email you details of the exact meeting point.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- In support of #WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange, this weekend in London: Join our solidarity vigil in Belmarsh on Saturday 25th and our flyering and fundraising expedition in Shepherds Bush on Sunday 26th
- Photos from 11/09/21 – A beautiful day of support for #WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange in London
- 27/28 October 21, Royal Courts Protest – Download and Print our New Flyer in support of #WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange
- Billboard Campaign! Join us at the Royal Courts of Justice 27/28 October 2021 for Julian #Assange’s Extradition hearing.
- New JADC Flyer for Craig Murray
- Free Craig Murray! Statement by the Committee to Defend Julian Assange
- What are the grounds for appeal a British judge has conceded to US DOJ in the Julian #AssangeCase ?
- Julian #Assange in his own words: “The distortion by the media of history is our single greatest impediment to advancement”
- RT @kennardmatt: Why did the CPS destroy key emails about Julian Assange case dating from Keir Starmer’s time in charge? What are they hi… 1 day ago
- RT @markcurtis30: In case you're wondering who's paying for UK legal support for the US attempt to extradite Julian Assange for the crime o… 3 days ago
- RT @WinnerBrittany: I love my sister #RealityWinner and loved hanging out this past weekend. However, she needs a pardon! #PardonRealityWi… 1 week ago
- RT @alimay101234: Action stations @AusHouseLondon today #FreeAssangeNOW #DroptheCharges https://t.co/YPdqQGyKu3 1 week ago
- RT @James70068726: Please show support for #FreeAssangeNOW on 27th Oct, 9am outside the Royal Courts of Justice Help me & others show the… 1 week ago