Date: 22nd August 2013
Subject: The Next Stage of My Life
I want to thank everybody who has supported me over the last three years. Throughout this long ordeal, your letters of support and encouragement have helped keep me strong. I am forever indebted to those who wrote to me, made a donation to my defense fund, or came to watch a portion of the trial. I would especially like to thank Courage to Resist and the Bradley Manning Support Network for their tireless efforts in raising awareness for my case and providing for my legal representation.
As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.
Chelsea E. Manning
Join the JADC Newsletter
Click here to join the JADC e-mail newsletter to receive notifications on upcoming solidarity actions.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- Flyering with JADC
- Solidarity with Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning at the Global Conference for Media Freedom
- Solidarity with Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning at Trafalgar Square during London Pride
- Julian Assange “Debate” at the Frontline Club
- FOIA litigation appeal hearing, activists filled up the Court in support of Stefania Maurizi
- Demasking the Torture of Julian #Assange by Nils Melzer
- Julian Assange Defence Committee joined Stop the War’s ‘Don’t Attack Iran’ demonstration outside Downing Street.
- 1st-6th July 2019 – Upcoming London events in support of Julian #Assange and #WikiLeaks
- RT @greekemmy: Alan Duncan admits he negotiated the eviction of Julian Assange from the Ecuadorian Embassy. @Lenin Moreno lied that the ter… 11 minutes ago
- RT @AaronSwartzDay: 130 days in jail & $21,000 in fines for @xychelsea (July 21 2019) Read Chelsea's letter to Judge Anthony Trenga, exp… 19 hours ago
- RT @AssangeMrs: Short brilliant MUST read! If you want to understand WHY my son Julian founded Wikileaks.org? WHY he defends it… 2 days ago
- RT @action_4assange: So exciting that 2020 Presidential candidate @TulsiGabbard is wearing our yellow Action 4 Assange wristband!! Thank y… 2 days ago
- This 👇 twitter.com/bellamagnani/s… 2 days ago