Date: 22nd August 2013
Subject: The Next Stage of My Life
I want to thank everybody who has supported me over the last three years. Throughout this long ordeal, your letters of support and encouragement have helped keep me strong. I am forever indebted to those who wrote to me, made a donation to my defense fund, or came to watch a portion of the trial. I would especially like to thank Courage to Resist and the Bradley Manning Support Network for their tireless efforts in raising awareness for my case and providing for my legal representation.
As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.
Chelsea E. Manning
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- Secret Warrants for ‘All Emails’ and Metadata of WikiLeaks Supporter Reveal Far-Reaching State Power Writes Mohamed El Maazi for Sputnik
- Write to the Lord Chancellor to #FreeAssange
- Julian Assange Prison Conditions constitute torture and he must be released writes Niki Konstantinidis
- Publico (Spain): A deputy inspector from the National Police and TEDAX sold equipment to spy on #Assange in London to UC Global
- What are the figures for #Covid19 among Belmarsh prisoners? Writes Niki Konstantinidis
- In December 2011, Sweden pursued preventing Julian Assange from applying to ECHR to appeal his case. In June 2012 this is exactly what happened.
- The Guardian on #Assange: A sinner repenteth or something else?
- 17/12/2020 Deepa Driver speaks outside The Guardian defending Julian Assange
- RT @Anna21656358: David Davis had an adjournment debate on extradition arrangements with the US last night. He spoke about how dangerous th… 1 hour ago
- RT @gavinjones10: I have been reading more about the Assange extradition case lately. As a Reuters reporter this story (from last June) is… 1 hour ago
- RT @MElmaazi: Secret Warrants for 'All Emails' and Metadata of WikiLeaks Supporter Reveal Far-Reaching State Power My latest interview w/… 1 hour ago
- RT @DEAcampaign: ‘The judge got it wrong’ @DavidDavisMP says she misread the Extradition Treaty dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-0… 2 hours ago
- RT @greekemmy: 1st legal analysis of Judge Baraitser's #Assange No Extradition Judgement makes it's apearance at @ukhumanrightsb by @SapanM… 4 hours ago