Date: 22nd August 2013
Subject: The Next Stage of My Life
I want to thank everybody who has supported me over the last three years. Throughout this long ordeal, your letters of support and encouragement have helped keep me strong. I am forever indebted to those who wrote to me, made a donation to my defense fund, or came to watch a portion of the trial. I would especially like to thank Courage to Resist and the Bradley Manning Support Network for their tireless efforts in raising awareness for my case and providing for my legal representation.
As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.
Chelsea E. Manning
Join the JADC Newsletter
Click here to join the JADC e-mail newsletter to receive notifications on upcoming solidarity actions.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- 1st Scotland Must Resist Protest: 24th February 2020
- Correct The Record in the #Assange case – The BBC (Again!)
- Will Evening Standard correct the record in the Julian #Assange case?
- Correct The Record in The #Assange Case – Thomson Reuters
- Correct the Record in the #Assange case – The Evening Standard
- Westminster Magistrates’ Court, 25 March 2020 Julian Assange Administrative Court Hearing, Bail Application
- Iain Overton (Iraq War Logs) at ‘Anonymous Bites Back’ speaks in defence of Julian #Assange
- Interview with John Shipton from Defiance by Peter McCormack – Transcript
- BBC News - Coronavirus: Low-risk prisoners set for early release bbc.co.uk/news/uk-521659… 15 minutes ago
- RT @davide_dormino: Thinking of #JulianAssange locked in prison. He should not die for being a #journalist #freeassange now! @AnythingtoSa… 1 day ago
- RT @FreeJeremyNet: Got this message from Jeremy late last night! He’s still in Oklahoma, but expects to be moved soon. Jails & prisons MUST… 1 day ago
- RT @the1joslyn: Dear @RobertBuckland and @lucyfrazermp, “There’s only one journalist in UK prison. That journalist is Julian #Assange. He… 2 days ago
- RT @wikileaks: Collateral Murder: 10 Years on - Live stream 5pm BST/ 6pm CET/ 12 EST Sunday 5th April with WikiLeaks' @khrafnsson, plus @no… 2 days ago