Date: 22nd August 2013
Subject: The Next Stage of My Life
I want to thank everybody who has supported me over the last three years. Throughout this long ordeal, your letters of support and encouragement have helped keep me strong. I am forever indebted to those who wrote to me, made a donation to my defense fund, or came to watch a portion of the trial. I would especially like to thank Courage to Resist and the Bradley Manning Support Network for their tireless efforts in raising awareness for my case and providing for my legal representation.
As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.
Chelsea E. Manning
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
Join our email listDetails here.
- Hold Sadiq Khan to account over Julian Assange Arbitrary Detention
- Rest in Love genny Bove
- January 2019 Solidarity Actions in support of #WikiLeaks Julian #Assange
- Raise your banners for Assange! Tonight Jan 16th Parliament Square from 5pm
- Support of Julian Assange going strong through the end of 2018
- Vigil Call Out in support of Julian Assange Thursday 20th of December 1pm
- A letter to Harriet Harman MP by Sabine von Törne in support of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange
- Home Office Nick Hurd about Extraditing Julian Assange to the US – June 2018
- RT @AssangeMrs: @HillaryClinton @politico It wasn't 'foreign state actors' @Wikileaks proved were 'interfering' in the US Presidential elec… 15 hours ago
- RT @DefendAssange: #Ecuador firma acuerdo de $4,2 mil millones con FMI. Desde 2017 EEUU ha declarado en privado al Ecuador que el acuerdo… 1 day ago
- RT @greekemmy: Ecuador Signs USD $4.2 Billion IMF Deal - go.shr.lc/2SOiwji via @Shareaholic 1 day ago
- RT @BeeBeeHoneyBee: #UK #US #Ecuador ‚THE WORLD IS WATCHING‘; what happens to @wikileaks founder #JulianAssange matters to all of us!… 2 days ago
- RT @markcurtis30: Huge issues at stake in Trump's extradition of Assange: US claims right to prosecute a non US person outside of US for "c… 4 days ago