Date: 22nd August 2013
Subject: The Next Stage of My Life
I want to thank everybody who has supported me over the last three years. Throughout this long ordeal, your letters of support and encouragement have helped keep me strong. I am forever indebted to those who wrote to me, made a donation to my defense fund, or came to watch a portion of the trial. I would especially like to thank Courage to Resist and the Bradley Manning Support Network for their tireless efforts in raising awareness for my case and providing for my legal representation.
As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.
Chelsea E. Manning
Join the JADC Newsletter
Click here to join the JADC e-mail newsletter to receive notifications on upcoming solidarity actions.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- Flyers for Julian Assange – Free to download
- Join our upcoming October and November Solidarity Actions in support of Julian #Assange the publisher of #WikiLeaks
- Remember! #HomeOfficeGiG2 for Julian #Assange on the 5th of November with MIA and Lowkey
- #WeAreMillions Campaign at Gavin MacFadyen Journalism Award ceremony for Julian #Assange – Belmarsh
- Sheila Coombes: The work of Julian Assange and Wikileaks is vital in informing the public of machinations for war
- The sentencing remarks by District Judge Taylor illustrate bias against Julian #Assange
- Upcoming Actions in Support of WikiLeaks Publisher Julian Assange, October 2019
- Julian Assange wins Gavin MacFadyen Journalism award – Videos and Photos 28/09/2019 Belmarsh Prison
- RT @HeikeHaensel: Hier das statement von @johnpilger nach der Anhörung zur Auslieferung von #JulianAssange https://t.co/y5HTCpYDjr 45 minutes ago
- Heartbreaking to see. Effects of years of concerted effort to break this man by criminal and callous bastards. If o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 55 minutes ago
- RT @Sep_london: Assange leaves Westminster Court back to hell hole prison Belmarsh. Protesters make there presence felt. #DontExtraditeAssa… 4 hours ago
- RT @kirkkorner: Today in court, Julian Assange struggled to say his own name and date of birth as he appeared in the dock. He claimed to ha… 4 hours ago
- #DontExtraditeAssange https://t.co/gTyoRvGV0r 7 hours ago