Date: 22nd August 2013
Subject: The Next Stage of My Life
I want to thank everybody who has supported me over the last three years. Throughout this long ordeal, your letters of support and encouragement have helped keep me strong. I am forever indebted to those who wrote to me, made a donation to my defense fund, or came to watch a portion of the trial. I would especially like to thank Courage to Resist and the Bradley Manning Support Network for their tireless efforts in raising awareness for my case and providing for my legal representation.
As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.
Chelsea E. Manning
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
Join our email listDetails here.
- Write to your MP asking No US Extradition for Julian #Assange of #WikiLeaks
- Solidarity Vigil Call out: 07/10/18 Celebrating #WikiLeaks 12th Birthday (4/10/06) #Unity4JDay
- #Unity4JDay arrives in London – 2/09/2018 – Candles for Julian #Assange of #WikiLeaks
- Julian Assange 16/08/18 – Marking 6 Embassy Years under Political Asylum
- A week of solidarity action in defence of Julian Assange – July 2018
- Vigil Call Out for Julian #Assange 16th of August 2018 – Political Asylum is a right not a crime
- Celebrating Julian Assange’s 47th Birthday on the street where he lives.
- 19th of June 2018 Standing in solidarity with Julian #Assange of #WikiLeaks, #Unity4J
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.