Date: 22nd August 2013
Subject: The Next Stage of My Life
I want to thank everybody who has supported me over the last three years. Throughout this long ordeal, your letters of support and encouragement have helped keep me strong. I am forever indebted to those who wrote to me, made a donation to my defense fund, or came to watch a portion of the trial. I would especially like to thank Courage to Resist and the Bradley Manning Support Network for their tireless efforts in raising awareness for my case and providing for my legal representation.
As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.
Chelsea E. Manning
Join the JADC Newsletter
Click here to join the JADC e-mail newsletter to receive notifications on upcoming solidarity actions.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- Upcoming Events in Support of Julian #Assange publisher of #WikiLeaks
- Canvassing in London’s Muswell Hill in support of Julian #Assange publisher of #WikiLeaks
- We pray for a miracle! A message of love, Why should we support Julian #Assange?
- 13/01/2020 at Westminster Magistrates Court for Julian #Assange Case Management hearing
- Julian #Assange banner flies high at Stop The War rally in Trafalgar Square
- Will Sadiq Khan answer the questions by London Assembly regarding CIA/Metpol #Assange surveillance?
- Upcoming Actions in support of #WikiLeaks Julian #Assange – January/February 2020
- Hacking Justice Doku & Diskussion zur »Causa #Assange«
- RT @HorvatSrecko: First they came for @xychelsea, then they came for @Snowden and #Assange, now they are coming for @ggreenwald. Who are th… 1 day ago
- RT @wikileaks: Journalist Glenn Greenwald @ggreenwald "Charged With Cybercrimes in Brazil": nytimes.com/2020/01/21/wor… 1 day ago
- RT @ScotsDefend: #ScotsDefendAssange Due to the very high demand, we no longer have seated tickets available for this event in support of… 1 day ago
- RT @nozomimagine: Please help the Julian Assange Defence Committee (JADC) continue their solidarity work & campaigning to #FreeJulianAssang… 1 day ago
- RT @Katya_Compass: My latest email to Southlondonmc@justice.gov.uk Cc to Courts and Tribunals Media Access Working Group et al. 🔽 #FreeAssa… 1 day ago