Date: 22nd August 2013
Subject: The Next Stage of My Life
I want to thank everybody who has supported me over the last three years. Throughout this long ordeal, your letters of support and encouragement have helped keep me strong. I am forever indebted to those who wrote to me, made a donation to my defense fund, or came to watch a portion of the trial. I would especially like to thank Courage to Resist and the Bradley Manning Support Network for their tireless efforts in raising awareness for my case and providing for my legal representation.
As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.
Chelsea E. Manning
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- Stephen Taberner and Trio perform Like a Movie, a song for Julian #Assange.
- Marking 14 WikiLeaks Years whilst Julian Assange is fighting US Extradition request at UK Magistrates Court
- Carta abierta al Ministro de Justicia y al Presidente del Tribunal Supremo, en referencia a la Magistrada Jefa Arbuthnot
- Upcoming actions in support of Julian Assange publisher of WikiLeaks 7-12 September 2020
- Grassroots actions to #FreeAssange should align with the interests and objectives of the campaign – Lessons from Sat 29/8/20
- Early Day Motion #719 in support of WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange – Being a shadow minister prevents endorsement
- Debunking the #Russiagate Smears Against #WikiLeaks
- Let me Remind you of Julian #Assange’s words about #WikiLeaks publication leading up to the US election 2016
- RT @alimay101234: When Julian's van left for Belmarsh, this happened ... https://t.co/ngGrS468ZU 3 hours ago
- RT @Jonathan_K_Cook: I can see only 2 reasons for all 'mainstream' media to keep making this same basic error: 1) Their role is to protect… 3 hours ago
- RT @Jonathan_K_Cook: The Daily Mail offers a masterclass in Assange smears, including many that have just been demolished by experts in the… 3 hours ago
- RT @_taylorhudak: Judge in #Assange Case Unwilling to Ensure Open Justice w/ @rebecca_vincent of Reporters Without Borders https://t.co/PP1… 4 hours ago
- RT @DEAcampaign: The American friends’: New court files expose Sheldon Adelson’s security team in US spy operation against Julian Assange @… 4 hours ago