Date: 22nd August 2013
Subject: The Next Stage of My Life
I want to thank everybody who has supported me over the last three years. Throughout this long ordeal, your letters of support and encouragement have helped keep me strong. I am forever indebted to those who wrote to me, made a donation to my defense fund, or came to watch a portion of the trial. I would especially like to thank Courage to Resist and the Bradley Manning Support Network for their tireless efforts in raising awareness for my case and providing for my legal representation.
As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.
Chelsea E. Manning
Join the JADC Newsletter
Click here to join the JADC e-mail newsletter to receive notifications on upcoming solidarity actions.
Follow us on Twitter@WISEUpAction twitter.com/WISEUpAction
- Greenwich and Lewisham Assange Campaign tables question at Greenwich Council 30/10/19
- 7/11/2019 Public Meeting by Oxford Campaign to Defend Julian Assange
- 4/11/2019 – Yanis Varufakis and Brian Eno on WikiLeaks and Julian Assange
- Leafletting outside Amnesty International 2/11/2019
- Oxford Campaign for Julian #Assange and Chelsea Manning Thursday 7th of November 2019
- 21/10/2019 – #Assange Protest outside Westminster Magistrates Court Photos and videos
- #CorrectTheRecord Protest outside the #BBC – Misreporting the Julian #Assange case
- Complain to the Home Secretary and Lord Chancellor about Judge Baraitser’s misconduct in #Assange court Case
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.